[Nottingham] MySQL backed nameserver

NLUG nlug at domainarena.net
Thu Nov 2 12:37:37 GMT 2006

Michael, James, Johannes and Graeme,

Thanks a million for all your suggestions. I think it's time for me and
my colleague to take an important decision and evaluate the scale of
this project a bit better. I have compiled all your posts into one and
will submit that to him at our next meeting.

As regards to choosing the best name server program, i have been told
that NSD (from http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/nsd/) is much faster than Bind or
any other 'older-generation' DNS server due to some innovative concept
that i haven't had time to read up on yet. Anyone used NSD before?

--
Regards,
Raphael Gangneux