[Nottingham] Kororaa AIGLX Live CD & Sabayon XGL LiveDVD Demos

Jim Moore james at the-computer-shop.co.uk
Mon Nov 6 16:36:10 GMT 2006

I'll be bringing /three/ laptop computers to Sunday's event in addition to the
gear I'll already be bringing - just to show off these two distributions I
found today, and one for burning on demand.

A little on Kororaa:

Gentoo based;
680MB ISO image
out-of-the-box 3D XGL support on most chipsets (except NVidia & ATI - you need
the proprietery drivers for 3D support of any description on these!)
I tested this ISO on a Clevo M610 (Centrino 1.9, 512 DDR400, Intel 845GM
graphics at 1280x800 15.4" widescreen) and frankly, wet myself. I've had
XGL/Compiz going on an Athlon with GF5 dual panel graphics, but this was, to
say it was running from a CD, pretty amazing.
Anyone wanting a copy burning for their arrival Sunday, give me a yell, I'll
have one ready for you.
--
Linux Cluster Solutions -*- http://dotware.co.uk/
Registered Linux user #426308 -*- http://counter.li.org