[Nottingham] LAN Party show of hands and checklist

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Nov 10 11:28:05 GMT 2006

Simon wrote:

> I'll bring an extension or two, kettle leads and some other bits &
> bobs that may come in useful. I've decided not to bring my PC as it's
> awkward, sorry.

Whatever you can carry on the bus or whatever, no probs. Good to have
you there.

It'll be good to see a good collection and show off a few demos/games.

I'm putting together a mega-machine today to trial on the day. Plus I'll
be bringing my backup server and the internet connection.

I've downloaded:

DVDs:

Mandriva 2007 DVD
kubuntu-6.10-dvd-i386

CDs:

kubuntu-6.10-alternate-i386
kubuntu-6.10-desktop-amd64
kubuntu-6.10-desktop-i386

I've also got a Gentoo disk to try.

And I'm downloading at the moment:

Mandriva 2007 DVD x86_64

Also, there's some parts for Simon, plus various other bits...

(Aside, from comments/questions elsewhere: We're in the pub function
room and the room is to be paid for by a voluntary donation from us and
by food/drink purchased there. Entry is free.)

Looks good,

See you folks there,

martin at ml1.co.uk