[Nottingham] (no subject)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Nov 20 19:18:29 GMT 2006

Hi Hazel,

> I would like to come to that Christmas meal on 18/12/2006. Where is that ...?

You're very welcome to come along and very good to see you. You're listed!

It's now booked, further details follow soon-ish.

> Does anyone know how to get my keyboard working properly?
> Some of the side buttons don't have a keycode when I press them in Xev.
> Surely there must be some way to get them working in Linux?

Take a look at:

Linux Easy Access Keyboard
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lineak/

I'm sure this is included in the main distros.

Or have you got something weird?

> getting as excited at the new release of KDE 4 as I am, I can't wait! I
> quite like the sound of that Plasma Desktop thing.

Mmmmm, not seen. My next target is to get an irksome very new graphics
card working well enough to showcase kororaa! http://kororaa.org/

See you there,

And for those wondering:

Kororaa
>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kororaa is a binary installation method for Gentoo Linux which aims for
easy installation of a Gentoo system by using install scripts instead of
manual configuration. The name is an alternate spelling for the Maori
word, "korora" - the Little Penguin. Kororaa is pre-configured for SSE
capable processors.

The genus Eudyptula ("good little diver") contains two species of
penguin. It is found in southern Australia, Tasmania, New Zealand and
the Chatham Islands.

Eudyptula minor is commonly known as the Little Penguin, Little Blue
Penguin, or Fairy Penguin. In the language of the Maori people of New
Zealand, Little Blue Penguins are known as korora

Karora
In Australian aboriginal mythology (specifically Gurra and Bandicoot),
Karora is a creator god. He was born in a lake and, after fathering many
children, he returned there to slumber.

Karora is also:

    * A playgroup in Harlow, Essex
    * A software company