[Nottingham] Events up to Christmas 2006

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Nov 20 23:43:51 GMT 2006

Folks,

First, a few recent NLUG events:

> Thurs	02/11/06:
>
> Navigation Talk Meet (and spare parts exchange)

A few spare parts were exchanged and there was indeed much interesting
discussion. One or more PCs were subsequently built up to be shown off at:

> Sun	12/11/06:
>
> Star Inn, Beeston
>
> LAN Party, Install fest, Junk exchange, PCs build, fun afternoon

And a good fun session was had by a select group all the way into the
night... (Hope the cycle back through the cold and damp hasn't killed
off James!)

> Wed	15/11/06:
>
> Linux Social somewhere in the city: Polish Diner

Mmmmmmm, just as needed on an Autumnal evening :-)

An update on the *forthcoming* NLUG events:

> Wed	29/11/06:
>
> Blue Moon Beers in the Last Post, Beeston

Start at 21:00 until last orders at:

The Last Post
Chilwell Road
Beeston
Nottinghamshire
NG9 1AA

Tel: 0115 968 3100

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/pubfinder/details.php?OutletNumber=101
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=52.9262&lon=-1.2169&scale=10000&icon=x

> Fri	01/12/06:
>
> Buffet eat at the Terracotta in LEICESTER

Sorry folks, unless there is a last moment turn-around, it looks like
this is not going ahead. To be tried again.

> Thurs	07/12/06:
>
> Navigation Talk Meet
>
> What is and how do you do LaTeX?

Or how not to go square-eyed and random for typesetting and DTP. This is
a must for anyone putting together anything more than a two page
document! This is the killer app for all those whom loath the Microsoft
clippy or have equal distaste for the OpenOffice distracting bloat!
(Well: so says I! :-) )

19:30 doors open
20:00 talk
21:00-ish beers and further discussions

The Navigation Inn
6 Wilford Street
Nottingham
NG2 1AA

Tel: 0115 9417139

http://www.pub-explorer.com/notts/pub/navigationinnnottingham.htm
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=52.948&lon=-1.1518&scale=10000&icon=x

> CHRISTMAS SOCIAL at Capocci, Upper Parliament St
>
> "December Special": Starter, Main Course, Bottle of house wine or 3x
> Beers for £21.95

We have booked for 8 people at 8pm on *Monday* 18/12/2006
(numerologists can dream what they like!)

So far, I believe we have:
Andy and Stef
Dave L
Micheal E
Hazel W
Martin L and Sarah S

which leaves one spare seat so far. If you let me know SOON, Capocci may
well be able to rearrange their tables for some more of us.

(Definites please. They normally require an advance deposit for the last
week to Christmas and this is all on my risk and good name.)

Meet 19:00 Langtrys
20:00 Capocci
and then whatever!

56-58 Upper Parliament Street
Nottingham
NG1 2AG

Tel: 0115 947 3622

http://www.capoccirestaurant.co.uk/pageview7.asp?cust=556
http://www.thegourmetsociety.co.uk/Restaurants/Capocci.php
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=52.9553&lon=-1.1499&scale=10000&icon=x

All welcome, but please let me know _SOON_

Merry Christmas!

NLUG
http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/

martin at ml1.co.uk