[Nottingham] ls --time=atime

Peter Chang Peter.Chang at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Nov 23 18:23:13 GMT 2006

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006, Martin wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm trying to get a ls listing of files that shows ALL their times:
> creation, modified, access.

Don't think you can get them simultaneously with ls(1). You may want to
use find(1).

> Trying the "--" options for ls are just ignored!

The following works for me:

$ ls --time=ctime -l aoreviewform.doc
-rw-rw-r--    1 peter    peter       16896 Apr 22  2003 aoreviewform.doc

$ ls --time=atime -l aoreviewform.doc
-rw-rw-r--    1 peter    peter       16896 Jan 14  2005 aoreviewform.doc

$ ls --version
ls (coreutils) 4.5.3

> Any ideas?

Have you got ls as an shell alias? Maybe there's a bug or wrong definition
there.

Peter