[Nottingham] Career change + perl.

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Tue Oct 3 16:40:17 BST 2006

Richard

> It would appear perl is winning hands down!

I'm not against Perl but I could think of some disadvantages.

It is very flexible so you just might stop learning other languages /
tools once you use Perl (including ones that might be more suited to a
task). It's also a very 'expressive' language so a career of maintaining
other people's Perl masterworks might be frustrating (I did nothing but
Perl for a few years, and boy was I ready for a change). I have weaned
myself off Perl a bit now.

-Cam

--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--