[Nottingham] Career change + perl.

Ovid publiustemp-nlug at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 09:44:26 BST 2006

--- Paul Mellors <paul at paulmellors.net> wrote:
> So my project, where i need to connect to a mysql data base and
> display the
> results of various queries, perl is the way to go?

Perl is often a great choice, but not always.  There are too many
unanswered questions to your query. What's the database, what's the
platform, what's the audience, canned or custom queries, personal or
work project, etc.  Many of those answer you'll have to supply
yourself.  Though it's fair to say that I'm quite fond of Perl, I'd
never simply nod vigorously and say 'yes, you got it' without more
info.

Cheers,
Ovid

--