[Nottingham] Apache 1.3 + CGI/Perl + suEXEC

Johannes Kling jok at printk.net
Thu Oct 5 12:32:20 BST 2006

Hello,

> Now as Graeme said I have read that the only way to get that changed is to
> re-compile the bugger

Not quite. As long as your new docroot string is not longer than the
current one, you can just change the string in the binary (don't
forget the trainling \0). It works, but it's also a "quick fix", with
all that entails though (including, but not limited to, mysteriously
breaking CGI scripts after the next apache upgrade).

 --Jo