[Nottingham] Ruby on Rails

Martin Kirk martin at applab.co.uk
Wed Oct 11 16:42:58 BST 2006

Hi Richard,

as a PHP developer, i've recently adopted a framework which apparently is
*very similar* to Rails (http://www.codeigniter.com/).

every previous framework i've looked into i've abandoned for various reasons
but this thing has impressed me enough to stick with it, and it's cut my
development time from the very first project.

i'm new to MVC but as a way to organise code it's great.

so, if Rails does for Ruby what this does for PHP then i'd say go with it !!

cheers,
martin.