[Nottingham] [Social] -TODAY- Wed 20/09/06 Fellows food 'n' beers

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Sep 22 12:44:07 BST 2006

Martin wrote:
[---]

>>>> Wed 20/09/2006
>>>>

>>>> It's a social Wed evening at:
>>>>
>>>> Fellows Morton & Clayton
>>>> http://www.fellowsmortonandclayton.co.uk/index.asp

And a good select meetup it was and with quite a discussion range.

The opening gambit was made with New Scientist and quickly oscillated
between astro and sub-atomic faster than neutrino in-flight
metamorphosis! The physics and multiple realities of the fine constant,
Second Life, Third Life and this life were then considered.

And that was just moving onto beer #2 on the bar list!

We also had food and continued through the ales list from the bar.

Other notable topics included bluetooth, UPSes and NUTS, J2RE, php5,
Jakata, Javascript, Java, MySQL, Turbine, Drupal, Webmin, Ajax, Sack,
Twsack, and how (human) software managers haven't a clue as to what that
lot really are behind the jargon!

Next meet is a talk at The Navigation 19:30 Thur 5th Oct.

Further ahead we have:

Social: 			Wed 18/10/2006
Talk:				Thu 02/11/2006
Social: 			Wed 15/11/2006
Blue Moon Beeston Beers: 	Wed 29/11/2006
Talk:				Thu 07/12/2006
Christmas Social: 		Wed 20/12/2006

And we really should squeeze in a LAN party somewhere some weekend,
ideas when/where?

And anyone interested in helping with an info-point or two on the run up
to Christmas?

(Replies to following thread please ;-) )

Watch this list for further details!

martin at ml1.co.uk