[Nottingham] Preserving a list of packages installed (Ubuntu but could be general!)

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Thu Sep 28 19:52:07 BST 2006

On Thursday 28 September 2006 19:38, Peter Chang wrote:
> David,
>
> Sounds very straightforward to do something like this. Get a list of
> packages on your old machine...

That sounds as though it will work well.   Thanks!

I'm planning to Ubuntu-ise a machine which is currently running a Slackware
derivative shortly, and I'll give this a try then, since (with one or two
exceptions, which  can remove manually from the list) I'll want it to mirror
the software setup on my main machine.

--
David Aldred