[Nottingham] Linux Emporium Talk

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Sun Apr 1 16:50:43 BST 2007

On Saturday 31 March 2007 21:12, Simon Osborne wrote:
> It does seem
> that Linux Emporium are putting profit before the community. Whatever
> happened to sharing information and open source etc.

While I don't see why providing the scripts should actually erode profits,
Linux Emporium is presumably a business: if it doesn't make any profit from
the sale of the laptops it won't sell them.

Putting profit before community, perhaps: but if the alternative is not to
make the profit by not selling the laptops, and not botehring ewven to write
the scripts in the first place, the balance of benefit would seem to lie with
the way they are doing it.

And they did say they'd given the scripts to the Ubuntu team - which is part
of the community.  Perhaps the issue really is why the community hasn't done
anything with them.

--
David Aldred