[Nottingham] Printer

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 13:52:45 BST 2007

Alistair Lane wrote:
> Hi
> My kids have a system running Ubuntu, some of you may remember setting
> it up at the LAN party last November, and I've been trying to get a Dell
> printer I was given to work on it.  I've found the appropriate driver
> and downloaded it but don't seem to be able to get it to install, anyone
> got any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? (The driver is the Lexmark
> driver for Debian).

Is there a "readme" or other instructions with it?

If the 'driver' is a kernel module, then you might need to "modprobe" it
to get it active assuming that the driver is already installed into the
right place.

All should be explained in the instructions for it.

Or, it might already be in there and you just need to select to use it!

If stuck, you're always welcome to bring it along to one of our meet-ups.

Good luck,

martin at ml1.co.uk