[Nottingham] backup commands

vanschoo at speakeasy.net vanschoo at speakeasy.net
Sat Aug 4 19:15:17 BST 2007

I meant to write this sooner after the talk by Martin about how we all do backups of our important data. Several of us (me too) use USB sticks, and I've already had reason to appreciate Martin's advice that when you copy to a USB stick it's important to verify right then that the info on the USB stick completely matches that on the source media.

Can someone post a short script or just some sample commands for doing this? I'd just like to see examples of the options and commands others are using - sort of as a starting point for deciding what I want to use.

Thanks.

 - njv