[Nottingham] Fuji F650

John Cremona john.cremona at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 14:18:16 BST 2007

You should have no problems as nowadays all cameras use a common
interface system called PTP rather than each having its own
proprietary system.  It should "just work" when you plug it in.  I
recommend digikam for software to manage photos (but no doubt there
will be other opinions).

John Cremona

On 8/19/07, Ron Wilton <ron_w_add at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm thinking of getting a Fuji F650 digital camera, and am just wondering
> about its compatibility with Ubuntu Linux.
>
> It comes with a USB cable - is it as simple as plug in and download the
> pictures, or would I need some special software? And if so, what software
> would I need?
>
> Please excuse my lack of knowledge and experience as it is probably very
> simple to do.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Ron

John Cremona