[Nottingham] Scanner update

Roger Light roger at atchoo.org
Mon Aug 20 15:51:56 BST 2007

Hi,

Just to update on my scanner progress - I got a Canon Canoscan Lide 25
from Insight (rather than the Mustek 1200CU from ebuyer that I couldn't
order through work for some reason). The Canon is working great - I've
got it working remotely through sane through xsane, over the web with my
own php frontend to sane (for the windows users) and the buttons on the
front work as well (with help from the gentoo wiki). My only complaint
so far is that it doesn't seem especially robust - applying plenty of
pressure to the buttons seems to move important looking bits inside,
although it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Cheers,

Roger