[Nottingham] Last Thursday Talk - Version Control

Martin Garton martin at stupids.org
Mon Aug 20 21:45:20 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 19:36 +0100, Jason Cozens wrote:

> Sorry it's a bit late but I thought last Thursday's talk was very
> interesting.

Thanks Jason.

> Particularly liked the quick overview of git and bazaar. It's got me
> thinking Subversion isn't as good as it could be. I've been reading up
> on what Linus has to say, as well as starting to look at bazaar.

For anyone interested who hasn't seen it, I would recommend the talk at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8

In it, Linus obviously says lots of good things about GIT, as well as
bad things about other systems, but really I think the key point being
made is not GIT vs CVS or whatever, but the distributed tools vs the
centralised tools.  That really is the most interesting part of the
whole discussion IMO.

Anyway, I've had a couple of requests for my slides so I've put them,
plus other talks I've given or will soon be giving up in a bzr
repository.  Get it with bzr from
http://foo.stupids.org/~martin/lugtalks

--
Martin.