[Nottingham] GUI Apps - was: Re: Wed 05/12/2007 Food'n'beers meet

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 7 09:28:36 GMT 2007

On Friday 07 December 2007 08:16:07 Richard Smedley wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 21:45 +0000, Martin wrote:
> > Is OpenSource by it's very nature "Geekie" due to it being written by
> > "Geeks" for "Geeks"?
> > Any thoughts?
>
> You mention The GIMP as a difficult interface - it's actually
> not /that/ bad, given the complex range of options that
> need to be presented at a right-click on the image.
>
> That aside, I'd say that any GUI app that doesn't make all
> functionality available via the keyboard is poor - regardless
> of how easy it is for most users.

The GIMP has a good user interface - unless you talk to a dyed-in-the-wool
user of an expensive proprietary app who expects something to work just so
and is way too lazy to read the manual - or even better, contribute to it!

Just my experience of photoshopaholics -- I was once among their number!

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Hey, wait a minute!!  I want a divorce!! ... you're not Clint Eastwood!!