[Nottingham] Tux Games Antispam - Your message is being held

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Mon Dec 10 12:43:57 GMT 2007

Hi Martin,

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 12:13:43PM +0000, Martin wrote:
> Andy Smith wrote:
> [---]
> > This solution was proposed back in 2003:
> >
> > http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3514.html

> ... Yes, very good.
>
> And in the real and Machiavellian world?

My point was that simply saying "don't allow spam sources to connect
to you" doesn't get us anywhere because the next question is "how do
we identify a spam source?"  Which is pretty much the same as "how
do we stop spam?" - it's brought us back to the beginning.

(this is not a invitation for people to tell me their favourite ways
of guessing which sources will be spam, I too have my favourite
ways, and all our ways are imperfect)

Cheers,
Andy