[Nottingham] Tux Games Antispam - Your message is being held

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 20:20:29 GMT 2007

Alan Pope wrote:
[---]
> Greylisting has cut my spam by a factor of a hundred, and spamassassin even
> further. I can get the odd one or two spam in a day. There are issues with
> it, in that I have to wait longer for one of mails (like forum activations),
> and sometimes systems don't like the greylist bounces, but on the whole it's
> better for _me_ and doesn't adversely affect anyone - or ask anyone to add
> any time to their email rituals.

So you still generate your little bit to add to the general spam?

And can you be 100% sure that your spam-traps have not also junked valid
honest mail?

And can you be sure that you are not yourself victim to your own or your
'greylisting' overzealous filtering (censorship?)?

I know a certain mail list that very nearly didn't get off the ground
because a certain ISP's anti-spam junked all the (phishing-like?) invites...

So, innocent users get junked at both ends...

And so the question remains: What is there that solves or at the very
least removes the present spam/phishing email mess?

martin at ml1.co.uk