[Nottingham] Please! Out-of-office auto-responders! sheesh!

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 11:13:13 GMT 2007

I've had to stop martin at aejent.co.uk from receiving anything from the list due
to the spate of stupid Out-of-office auto-responses that this list member's
mail system has been producing this morning.

Needless to say, I can't think of any reason why anyone on the list would want
to receive these (for non-personal emails on the list) so let's not have any
more, eh?

I'll have a quick look at the posts and see if I can get formulate some
constructive advice for our members on how to properly manage their
out-of-office features for their MTA.

The NLUG mailman system was about to disable the account automatically due to
the number of bounces it received so this would have stopped on its own after
a few dozen more annoying auto-responses. I'd prefer if people don't use such
things but I do see their merits - I received hundreds of these over Xmas but
them I am on dozens of lists!

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Atlanta makes it against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole
or street lamp.