[Nottingham] Athlon64 gcc compile flags on Gentoo

Martin Garton martin at stupids.org
Wed Feb 14 10:24:45 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 10:03 +0000, Michael Erskine wrote:

> Profiling is a good idea for a future talk - we should have a few development
> talks to bring in the geeks from time to time

I want to get into oprofile again because when I had a quick play it
amazed me.  I might be able to do a talk at some point if nobody beats
me to it.

These days though, when things run too slowly they are all too often
written in some interpreted language so profiling requires a different
approach. (and often the lesson is not to write expensive algorithms in
interpreted languages)

--
Martin.