[Nottingham] Events 2007!?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Feb 20 23:54:35 GMT 2007

Folks,

Next event is the LaTeX evening this Thursday.

After that... What might you want?

Discussed (talks) and ideas in the recent past have been variously:

gstreamer;
Eager scheduling and HURD;
Linux from scratch onto a minimal development board;
Drupal;
gpg, key signing and W-O-T?
Gentoo for the first time;
Databases #2;
What distro?!

Any interest in demo-ing how to get the best out of whatever everyday
applications?

Desktop tweaks?
Shortcuts to an easy Linux life?
What else??

Anyone with any crazy implementations?!

And, what food (social) venues should we try?

For the next social on Wed 07/03/07 I suggest we follow flibble's
suggestion to try the new buffet place:

"a new all-you-can-eat type placey that's opened on Upper Parliament street:
http://www.bigwok.co.uk/
...Prices are £8.99 for the grand buffet which includes everything.
Apart from drinks, obviously."

Any favourites for thereafter?

Suggestions welcomed!

martin at ml1.co.uk