[Nottingham] Events 2007!?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Feb 21 12:16:03 GMT 2007

Jonathan wrote:
[---]

> How about hosting a debate on the role of intellectual property law in
> society?
> For example, we could have a motion proposed
> 'This House believes the current framework of IP law in the EU impedes
> technological progress'
> or something similar.
> Have 2 speakers for for the motion and 2 speakers against (I'd be
> happy to jump the boat and speak against on this occasion.)
> Beers and open debate could follow.

Good idea, especially to clear up some of the more fuzzy issues.

And we're long overdue for a flame-fest. I've a feeling things have been
too quiet so far this year... A little like the long unusually quiet
period just before a volcano blows its top... ;-)

Only problem: Can anyone honestly argue that (software) IP law
encourages progress?

Takers?

martin at ml1.co.uk