[Nottingham] "optimised" for Internet Explorer

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 8 15:02:18 GMT 2007

On Monday 08 January 2007 14:33, Chris Burton wrote:
>  I'm a little concerned why the folk of NLUG decided this [1] is
> appropriate content for their site. It does nothing to promote the Linux
> community as helpful, nor does it help people running IE on Windows that
> might be looking to switch.

Sorry, I should've removed that before it went live.

> I guess someone might have figured it would be
> a good to laugh at the people whose browser you just crashed but personally
> I don't.

Yup, that's what I thought -- I did have a good laugh but that time has passed
now you've put me right!

> I would like to see it removed, but I might be alone with that view.

No, you're not alone - it's the right thing to do and it has been done. Thanks
for the moral guidance Chris.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Wishing without work is like fishing without bait.
		-- Frank Tyger