[Nottingham] NLUG website: redecorated (actually, it's been gutted and rebuilt!)

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon Jan 8 15:29:59 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 09:39 +0000, Michael Erskine wrote:
> The purpose of the website is to present the "flavour" of the LUG to
> interested parties and lost surfers.

Looks vaguely familiar :) Drupal, good choice :)

> http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/ -- please let us know what you think.

Can I suggest you allow anonymous posting but set it so you have to
moderate / approve them? I have found that drupal sites which require
logins get a lot less feedback than those that allow it. Yes you might
get some spam, but you just don't approve it, or install a spam
prevention module.

I would also suggest you enable friendly URLs to get rid of the
horrid ?node= rubbish. It also means you can submit stories and use nice
urls like

http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/Linux_Takes_Over_World rather than
http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/?node=121

If you need any help setting that up let me know, I have done both
before.

Cheers,
Al.