[Nottingham] NLUG website: redecorated (actually, it's been gutted and rebuilt!)

ForkBombFluf fluf at freeshell.org
Thu Jan 11 13:16:59 GMT 2007

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Michael Erskine wrote:

> Hi All,
> I hope everbody had a joyous break over Christmas/New Year/My Birthday: I'm
> back in the office after an unprecedented full two weeks off and trawling
> through the email backlog - thus avoiding real work.

Hi Mike, hope you had a great LUGgie B-day, sorry we missed the meet at
your abode again.  The nasty weather and the
drudgery-of-returning-to-work-after-a-long-break monster ate us this time.
We'll make it there one day!

> photos, etc. I will be calling on anybody with nice photos of events to dig
> them out!

Will send the ones from the Xmas meal... (if I ever gat around to removing
them from my camera)

> I've put in about 40 hours of work on the website over the holidays (I'm not
> very efficient :) ) and it's been good fun. Now we have a CMS, so I'll be
> expecting a bit of help (and a lot of technical support queries :) ).
>
> http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/ -- please let us know what you think.

I'll have to go look at Drupal now!  I can only echo that it looks great
and the navigation seems quite sensible.  I like how it defaults to
Upcoming Events at the top.  The random image is a nice touch too.
Sneaky though, how you've covered Tux's frothy beverage over with the N in
Nottingham! :-)

Cheers,

-Stef