[Nottingham] Time

Charles Samuels charles at kde.org
Wed Jan 31 03:32:59 GMT 2007

Martin wrote, on Tuesday 2007 January 30 1:15 pm:
> I'm sure there are some very elaborate and beautifully graphical
> profiling tools in KDE... Likely way way OTT ;-)

Martin reads a scroll of Summon Charles which instantly turns to dust...

Joshua, check out "valgrind-callgrind" and the <b>amazing</b> kcachegrind
<http://kcachegrind.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/show.cgi>

Which will give you all sorts of times in addition to cache hits and more.

I bet you are in Richard Hibberd's module :)

and just to clarify: I/O will be counted as "real time" - because no CPU time
is spent waiting for the HDDs (the cpu can do something else like processing
another process).

charles