[Nottingham] Is the MS Tide is turning? - [Infopoint] more Interest gathering - a change

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 12:25:46 BST 2007

>From a thoughtful discussion on the Infopoints maillist:

The comments echo what I found last weekend with one of my occasional
acquaintances whom came to me asking what Linux was about... He has been
on Win98 -> WinXP and was originally reluctantly pulled into that from DOS.

He was put off by the non-backwards compatibility of Windows Vista and
the hardware upgrade requirements (costs).

He didn't believe that viruses need not exist...

What do others think?

Is MS really now on a downwards slide?