[Nottingham] Strange Ethernet

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 14:19:18 BST 2007

Benjamin McLaughlin wrote:
> Hey Martin,
>
> Thanks for the LSPCI thing. Unfortunately it has launched me directly
> into the get another NIC catagory.
>
> 05:06.0 Ethernet controller: Hangzhou Silan Microelectronics Co., Ltd.
> Unknown device 2031

All looks Chinese and unknown to me :-p

> Lets go for the expencive (propperly branded) ones next time.

What? All of 50p extra?! :-D

Good luck,

ps:

Silan Microelectronics Co.,Ltd.

                                              Sample Corporate Profile
   Address	Room,2003,Cyber Times Tower A,T ianan Cyber Park Futian
   City	Hangzhou, Zhejiang
   Country	China
   Phone	+86-755-83476058
   Fax	+86-755-83476329

Vendor 1904: Hangzhou Silan Microelectronics Co., Ltd
device	description
2031	Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC
8139	RTL8139D (Realtek) PCI 10/100BaseTX ethernet adaptor

OK, so there is a Realtek RTL8139 in there, and there are Windows
drivers for it... Any Linux fixes?...

martin at ml1.co.uk