[Nottingham] Debian/apache2/suphp problems

Richard Hayes ricky at domainarena.net
Mon Mar 12 12:20:41 GMT 2007

Hello Graeme.

Hope you're well, and thanks for the reply.

> OK, so that means Apache isn't loading the module.

Hmmmm, I would expect it to be, because my main apache2.conf has these
lines:

     # Include module configuration:
     Include /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/*.load
     Include /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/*.conf

And in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/ I have a load of symlinks to files in
/etc/apache2/mods-available, including:

     suphp.load
     suphp.conf

suphp.load is only this one line:

     LoadModule suphp_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_suphp.so

And suphp.conf is these lines:

     suPHP_Engine on
     AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .php4
     suPHP_AddHandler x-httpd-php

Which all seems fine to me!

My default error log contains no output about the suphp module not being
load-able....

I'll go away and un apt-get suphp -- it's obviously broken...