[Nottingham] Almost on topic, pipex for sale

Paul Sladen notlug at paul.sladen.org
Fri Mar 23 03:08:43 GMT 2007

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007, Tom Bird wrote:
> Simon Osborne wrote:
> > > ...machines still in Manchester?
> > Nope, everything we have is in Nottingham. Data center too
> easynet, yes?  Never was sure exactly where they were.

Lenton Lane, in the business park just before you go over the canal bridge
and across the road from Trevithick's boat yard.  The Easynet PoP is
somewhat overspec'ed, mostly empty and comes with quasi-frequent
generator/power issues.

The reason for it being so large is that IIRC, it was originally built as a
demonstration "ideal data-centre" by Siemens/Ericsson(?) in order to show off
their kit.

	-Paul
--
Why do one side of a triangle when you can do all three.   Nottingham, GB