[Nottingham] Multiple monitors, single box.

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu May 10 09:52:41 BST 2007

Jonathan wrote:
[---]
> I have a display intensive application which I'd like to run clone
> instances of across multiple monitors attatched to a single box with 1
> VGA port.

Do you mean the /same/ display repeated across multiple monitors?

If so, then there are various VGA widgets that take one VGA input and
then give you multiple VGA outputs to connect to multiple monitors.

You may also be able to do belts'n'braces tricks with TVout into SCART
and whatever video machines to replicate the signal.

If you're wanting a 'multi-head' display then you'll have to plug in
more graphics cards or use one of the multi-head graphics cards.

I'd advise against trying any of the devices that send VGA over USB.
They are badly restricted on bandwidth...

Good luck,

martin at ml1.co.uk