[Nottingham] Easy network programming

Joshua Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Fri May 11 08:29:41 BST 2007

Hi Charles!

On 11 May 2007, at 06:04, Charles Samuels wrote:
> Have you considered using something like Qt?

I have now, I didn't realise Qt had network features. Or at least
assumed they where one of the non-free features. I'll look into it.

> And as it is, of course anything that works over a LAN will work
> over the
> internet, assuming you use the Internet Protocol.

Of course! I'm worried about things like the library automatically
doing things like NAT traversal and whatever else makes communicating
over the Internet a pain.

> Hi NLUG, btw :)
Hi :)
> Charles
> ... who takes the moment to also sell his own project, faith:
> http://www.derkarl.org/faith/docs/classFaith_1_1Socket.html

Faith looks quite nice, mind if I ask what the inspiration behind it is?

Charles; what's the inspiration for Faith? A totally Free Qt like
library?

Thanks,

Joshua Lock
incandescant at gmail.com