[Nottingham] Easy network programming

Joshua Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Fri May 11 12:47:10 BST 2007

On 11 May 2007, at 11:55, Booth Chris wrote:

> Have you looked at Jabber?
>
> http://www.jabber.org/

No I haven't, I think it's a bit heavyweight for my needs.

Apparently context helps; so if your interested in the what read on.
I'm looking to quickly knock up a digital client for pen and paper
roleplaying. Hence chat and whiteboards. But also dice rolls,
separate 'voices'  for different contexts (actions, character speech)
etc.

The reason I didn't publicly state the idea is because now it's
recorded I'll feel guilty if it doesn't see the light of day :)

This Windows program does what I want my app to do and /much/ more
but is Windows only and seems rather tuned to d20 which is way more
complex than our system.

http://fantasygrounds.com/

Also so far I'm tending towards either C++ & Qt or Java. Looking to
improve my portfolio with an application written in a more mainstream/
recognised language.
(Please don't flame me)

Cheers for the feedback so far,

- J