[Nottingham] Problems recording in stereo

Dan Robertson stempswood_dan at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 09:12:11 GMT 2007

Hi

I'm trying to record music from an analogue source via
the line in jack and have been trying a variety of
programs in Ubuntu (Sound Recorder, GLAME, Audacity)
with no joy. I can record in mono fine, but I seem
unable to record in stereo. It doesn't seem to be the
connection because I can play through the soundcard in
stereo. I used to be able to record in stereo OK when
I used Windows - anyone know what's happening?

Cheers
Dan