[Nottingham] Talk *TODAY* 04/10/2007 - PHP: Applying Good Practice to a Misused Language

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 19:15:26 BST 2007

Folks,

>> This Thursday (4th Oct) starting at 19:30 we have special guest
>> speakers from Pale Purple.

[---]
>> This talk discusses some of the pitfalls of PHP development and
>> introduces a range of tools and techniques that can be used to transform
>> a lacklustre PHP amateur into a polished professional.
[---]
>> http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/node/141

As already mentioned in the earlier thread, many thanks to Dave And Kat
for a good talk and for coming across from afar.

See:
http://www.palepurple.co.uk/news/php-nottingham-lug-talk-october-2007
for the talk slides.

And as Kat mentioned, she's in this month's Linux User & Developer
(Issue 74) on page 34. They've a good splash on p20 also :-)

My summary of their summary is that you can apply good programming
practice even to php and literally see the benefits of doing so. Good
version tracking helps further still (even if Dave doesn't always fill
in all the fields!).

All good stuff,

martin at ml1.co.uk