[Nottingham] WIFI Hardware

Danny King dannyking at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 21:22:52 BST 2007

Hi guys,

This is not really a Linux issue, but since the list has been quiet in
the last few days I hope this post will be all right.

I bought a second hand Netgear WIFI access point which was working
perfectly for about a month or so. I then went on holiday (leaving the
a.p. unplugged) only to find it not working when I got back. Running a
nmap network scan does not show the adapter to have joined the
network, although the LED 'network activity' indicator lights up. I
have a router with DHCP set up, so that should be automatic.

I've also tried taking the access point to a friend's house and I had
the same issues.

Any ideas on what the problem may be? I was thinking perhaps the
antenna is broken?

I apologise if this is too far off topic, thanks in advance!

--
-------
 -Danny King