[Nottingham] AutoCAD

Ron Wilton ron_w_add at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 26 09:10:49 BST 2007

Michael

Thanks for that.

However, I'm doing an AutoCAD course at college one morning a week, so I'm wanting to practice it at home, ideally without using Windows.

Ron

Michael Erskine <msemtd at yahoo.co.uk> wrote: On Thursday 25 October 2007 20:51:03 Ron Wilton wrote:
> I'm trying to work out if it is possible to get AutoCAD working on Ubuntu.
> I've tried looking on the net but am finding all the information too much
> to take in, and I don't have that much time or experience to work through
> it.

I haven't tried to get AutoCAD running on a Linux box as I'm pretty sure it
would be an uphill struggle. I do a lot of CAD in QCAD which can import and
export DXF fine.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Let's remind ourselves that last year's fresh idea is today's cliche.
  -- Austen Briggs