[Nottingham] Last Thursday Talk - Version Control

Joshua Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 13:58:37 BST 2007

On 12/09/2007, Martin Garton <martin at stupids.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 12:36 +0100, Joshua Lock wrote:
>
> > 3. The new, handy, git stash command:
> > http://www.monroe.nu/archives/109-git-stash.html
>
> Sounds interesting, but when branches are so cheap and easy, why bother?

Maybe my mental model of Git is borken (likely, considering I haven't
really used it yet) but seems like in the context of that blog post
it's a handy feature?

i. Pull from $central_repo to local Git repo
ii. perform changes
iii. not ready for a commit yet but want the latest code from trunk in
$central_repo
iv. stash current changes, pull trunk, un-stash changes

No?

- J