[Nottingham] Upgrading Kubuntu

Peter Woods peterwoods at f2s.com
Wed Sep 12 19:50:33 BST 2007

Dave wrote:

> Thanks for the advice guys.  I followed the Dapper->Edgy and then
> Edgy->Feisty route, and it all went quite smoothly, with the exception
> of the predicatable-with-hindsight failure of the binary nvidia driver
> with the new kernel.  Running "nv" for now - still can't get a binary
> driver to work in Feisty.
>
> Cheers - Dave

I've just had to sort out Mint with Nvidia.
As it happened (guys & galls,) the updater was offering to upgrade ENVY.
(NV geddit?)
It just worked for me.
So now I'm back to square 1,
I 've just got to sort out the twin screen stuff,
(which got me in the mess in the first place, ho-hum.)

Hope this helps

Pete Woods