[Nottingham] Vim on OS X

Joshua Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:23:53 BST 2007

On 13/09/2007, Graeme Fowler <graeme at graemef.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 11:29 +0100, Joshua Lock wrote:
> > In Cocoa apps its <alt>-3 but when I'm in insert mode in Vim this
> > doesn't seem to work.
>
> Not much help I know, but on my old 10.3.9 PowerBook ALT-3 has worked
> for me for years. That is regardless of whether I'm using a local
> version of the editor, a remote one via PuTTY, or a serial console to
> another machine (yes, I know that the three are separate instances of vi
> or vim, but still - it's the same input method!).

Drat !

I wonder if it's something I've done to the machine like the
non-standard Vim installation (MacPorts) or perhaps one of the
preferences I've changed in Terminal.app.

I'll look into both of those later when I'm in front of the machine,
can any other OS X users claim similar experience to Graemes?

Cheers,

- J