[Nottingham] Favourite pictures gallery (web) software?

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Sat Apr 5 10:59:36 BST 2008

Interesting topic. I'd love to run something like Panoramio at home -
I have about 40Gb of pictures taken over nearly a decade to take care
of. I think the tagging feature would be really useful and I like the
'Web 2.0' interface.

I've currently got a home-brew cgi script I use to manage the
pictures. It does thumbnail generation, supports video clips, exif
data, does automatic rotate, allows search in titles and access
control but it's far from perfect. I'll have a look at Gallery but so
far it has been easier to tweak my scripts than import all my pictures
into another system.

-Cam