[Nottingham] GPG Keys....

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Sun Apr 6 23:22:34 BST 2008

Hi Christopher,

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 11:13:16PM +0100, Christopher Joice wrote:
> Basically, now what? I've tried to import keys for some other the other
> gpg users on the mailing list, but keep getting errors about connection
> to the key servers...

You should upload your key to the kerservers, as I can't validate
this message without your key, and if your key were on the servers
then my mail client would have downloaded it automatically.

gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --send-key 0xYOURKEYID

Try subkeys.pgp.net as a keyserver for requesting keys as well.

Then sign other people's keys when you meet them and verify their
identity.

> Is it really worth bothering with? Or does it just
> try and patch what is basically a broken system?

It depends what you use it for..

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB