[Nottingham] RE: [Social] *Tomorrow* Wed 23/04/2008 Last Post Beeston Beers, (Martin)

ForkBombFluf fluf at freeshell.org
Fri Apr 25 13:57:00 BST 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Joshua Lock wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
>>  Hey! We've got some good beauties in the group! All already partnered.
>>  (Except possibly one with international connections? Too discrete to ask!)
>>
>>  There were some good stunners in your computer group also...
>>
>>  :-)
>
> My adolescent style of writing obscured the point somewhat; generally
> a person goes to a LUG meet to talk geek. Not to shop around for
> members of the opposite sex.

Oh Puhleeeeez Josh, have a little imagination!  ;-)

What if talking geek *is* a turn on to some people?  Andy and I quite
recently had pillow talk about the Eee 900.  If anyone thinks that's sad,
you can byte us, 'cause it totally rocks our geektastic micrcosm.

Relationships are just another part of the rich fabric of life, the
threads of which can weave themeslves in at the most unexpected of
places, if you allow them.

Surely socializing at a LUG or other geek meet would serously increase
your chances of finding someone you'd actually have something to talk with
about on a lazy Sunday moring, as compared to the randomized offerings of
a standard Saturday night booze cruise?  (Why do I suddenly have the
nagging suspicion that someone, somewhere, has probably formulated an
equation for this?)

Besides, I'm sure I remember a post to this very list from a fellow who
met a lady at an NLUG event and disappeared off into the sunset with her
not long after, rarely to be seen again.

> In conclusion; image be damned - do whatever needs doing to alert any
> stray geeks to our gathering.

If we're having an obviousness competition, I shall be forced to bring
along Tuxzilla....

You have no idea idea what you've started.

Honetly.

It could get cuddly.

-Stef