[Nottingham] Ubuntu & my Logitech Quickcam (webcam)

Danny King dannyking at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 17:05:13 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm having some problems getting my logitech quickcam to work in
Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy). It worked fine in Feisty (the last release) so
I'm a little confused. Ekiga (a conference calling app) detects the
microphone on it but not the picture. Cheese also doesn't detect a
picture.

I installed the driver using easycam but it didn't help. One thing
that may be relevant is:

danny at vince:$ modprobe qc-usb
FATAL: Module qc_usb not found.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

--
- Danny King of Gleaming Pixel Web Design.

Email: danny at gleamingpixel.co.uk / dannyking at gmail.com
Web: www.GleamingPixel.co.uk