[Nottingham] Advice on printer/scanners?

Bob Marshall mbob71 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 10:40:41 UTC 2008

Hello Danny - not long to go now, mate, before Academe beckons!

I have an H-P Deskjet F380 printer/scanner/copier and if anything, it works better under Ubuntu than it does under Win XP.  When I installed Ubuntu, an icon appeared in the top bar, telling me it had found a new printer, and a 'tool-tip' appeared in a few seconds saying 'Ready to Print'.  No messing with drivers!  It's bit dated now, but then so am I - but it does what I want and you can get one - or could - in Wilkinsons for about £35.

Not a bad piece of kit.

Bob.