[Nottingham] For real?... Proprietary fine irony

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 01:16:41 UTC 2008

Is this quote for real?...

http://it.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=437640&cid=22255952

####
Interviewer: Is studying computer science the best way to prepare to be
a programmer?

Bill Gates: No. the best way to prepare is to write programs, and to
study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went
to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out
listings of their operating system. You got to be willing to read other
people's code, then write your own, then have other people review your
code. You've got to want to be in this incredible feedback loop where
you get the world-class people to tell you what you're doing wrong.

You have to love the fine irony.
####

Open source peer review runs deeper than we can believe?...

martin at ml1.co.uk