[Nottingham] webhosting problems

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 13:33:28 GMT 2008

On Sunday 10 February 2008 12:13:04 gadget.pat wrote:
> I hope you are all well. As the mailing list is quiet, I thought I would
>   take advantage.
> Questions first then the story
> Q1: How would you rate Student Web Hosting as a hosting company?

Do you mean http://www.studentwebhosting.co.uk/ ?

I haven't heard of them but their prices look a bit high.
WHOIS says...
    Domain name:
        studentwebhosting.co.uk

    Registrant:
        Sam Stones

    Trading as:
        Student Web Hosting

    Registrant type:
        UK Sole Trader

    Registrant's address:
        PO BOX 172
        Lytham St Annes
        Lancashire
        FY8 3WB
        GB

    Registrar:
        Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = FASTHOSTS]

> Q2: Best solution to a compromised site (brief Nu B answers please)

If you can't get in then there's nothing you can do other than ask them for
help: it seems that you can submit tickets to their issue tracking at
http://support.studentwebhosting.co.uk/esupport/

> Q3: Any suggestions for a different hosting company and the chance that
> I can get some sort of part refund from my present hosting company?

I use Roger Light for hosting :) Prior to that I hosted from home - it's quite
easy and you'll learn everything on the job or die trying!

Chances of refund are probably zero - check the T&Cs you've signed up for.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Repel them.  Repel them.  Induce them to relinquish the spheroid.
		-- Indiana University fans' chant for their perennially bad football team